I have compiled some of the best books and reading materials for gardening that will help you to become the best gardener. Keep checking back as I will be adding new materials for you to read to improve your gardening skills and answer all your questions.
Best books and other reading materials on gardening
Growing Vegetables West of the Cascades is one of the most complete books to read if you are growing a vegetable garden in the Pacific Northwest. They provide expertise in growing plants and getting a great harvest in this unique growing climate. I highly recommend you add this to your library, you will go back to reference it many times each year as you grow your garden.
In growing vegetables west of the cascades you will find it helpful no matter where you live, providing essential information to grow a garden successfully using organic growing methods.
Growing Vegetables West of the Cascades
One of the best books on gardening in the Pacific Northwest
Detailed information on Organic Gardening
Hands-on information from an expert
Organic Gardening information for growing anywhere
- One of the best books on gardening in the Pacific Northwest
- Detailed information on Organic Gardening
- Hands-on information from an expert
- Organic Gardening information for growing anywhere
Vegetable Gardening in the Pacific Northwest is another great book providing you with details to improve your gardening month by month and how you can garden even in the cool climates of the Pacific Northwest year-round.
- Month by month guide to gardening
- Information to help you be a better gardener year-round
Companion Planting for Beginners by Brian Lowell is one of the best books I have read on companion planting. Even though the title says for beginners I feel that this is a great informative book for all levels of gardeners not only covering companion planting but also organic gardening and planning your garden. Another must-have in books for your home library that you will access time and time again.
- Complete details on companion planting
- Great information on organic gardening
- This book is for all levels of gardening skills
- Information from a hands on gardener
- More than just a companion planting b
The New Seed Starter Handbook is a complete guide on how to be successful in germinating vegetable seeds and the advantages of starting your own seeds rather than purchasing seedlings.
- Complete Guide to Seed Starting
- How to save money
- Detailed information to get your garden started earlier
The Week-By-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is a guide for all levels of gardeners from first-timers to expert gardeners to plan out your garden plantings to help you become a better gardener.
The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook
Week by Week Guide to Gardening
- Week by Week Guide to Gardening
- Improve Harvest
The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is one of the most complete guides to gardening that is available. The book covers step-by-step information for planting and how to ensure your soil is going to feed your plants to produce large flavorful vegetables. I highly recommend you add this book to your garden library.
- Everything you need to grow a successful garden
- Gardening information that has been passed down over generations
- Expert information on gardening
Field Guide to Urban Gardening is a guide to help you select the correct plants for your urban gardening and where and how to plant them to be successful.
- Container Gardening Anywhere
- How to Build Raised Beds
- Balconies and Rooftop Gardening
Vegetable Gardening for Beginners is written by Jill McSheehy who also has podcasts discussing the joys of gardening. Jill writes about the joys of gardening and how easily you can start your gardening experience.
- A simple guide to growing vegetables
- Simple instructions
Raised Bed Gardening Tips & Companion Planting Tips This book is 2 books in one covering both raised bed gardening and companion planting tips and secrets to be successful.
- Tips and Tricks in Gardening
- Raised Bed Gardening Tips
- Companion Planting Tips
Espalier Fruit Trees is one of the most complete books you will find to grow fruit trees using the espalier method. This book has beautiful photographs and very detailed information to help you to grow your fruit trees the espalier way
- How to Grow Fruit Trees Espalier Way
- Specific information on each Fruit Tree
- How and Where to Build the Structures
- Great Photographs
Rodale’s Basic Organic Gardening This is a great book to get you started on organic gardening, providing you with all the essential information to get started. It focuses on healthy gardening for you and your family.
- Begginers Guide to Healthy Gardening
- How to start your Gardening Experience
The Intelligent Gardener is a deep dive into healthy gardening, providing nutritional information and what each vegetable provides to you. It also goes deep into the understanding of how a healthy soil will generate a more nutritional and healthy vegetables and fruit.
- Gardening to grow nutrious f
Vertical Gardening Books
Growing Gardens on Balconies and Rooftops
- Container Gardening for Urban Gardening
- How to Grow and Build Raised Beds
- Growing Gardens on Balconies and Rooftops
- Tips to build verticle gardening structures
- Which vegetables can easily grow vertically
- How to increase your yield
- How to grow a garden in small spaces
- How to grow flowers and vegetables vertically
- Growing in less space
- What you can grow vertically